Mechanics are needed to work in Columbus, MS. The Mechanics must have industrial and mechanical maintenance experience. There are two shifts needed, Monday through Friday, 3pm - 11:30pm and 11pm - 7:30 am with rotating weekends. Minimum pay will start at $18 an hour. (D.O.E.) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, and more benefits are available.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices, using hoists, cranes, hand, and power tools.
- Determine changes in dimensional requirements and adjusts functional parts of equipment by inspecting used parts, using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Control downtime through use of effective routine preventive maintenance techniques.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- A High School Diploma is required.
- A resume is required.
- All applicants must pass a drug screen and submit to a background check. (E.O.E.)