We are looking for an organized and motivated Assistant Property Manager to manage a portfolio of properties. The Assistant Property Manager will report to the property manager and perform administrative and organizational duties such as liaising with residents, collecting rent, doing basic bookkeeping, organizing property viewings and overseeing facility maintenance. You will also be responsible for evaluating applicants and negotiating contracts.
To be successful as an Assistant Property Manager you should have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. An outstanding candidate will also have a talent for business management and distinguished conflict resolution skills.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Report directly to the Manager. With guidance of the Manager (in the absence of the Manager), has the authority to make decisions in an emergency situation.
2. Post receipts, make deposits, and notify home office of the same, according to the established schedule. Be responsible for providing and explanation for delinquent and/or prepaid accounts.
3. Process delinquent notices, returned items notices, and renewal notices and follow-up as necessary.
4. Walk apartments after delinquent notices are processed to verify for skips. Process SODA's for scheduled move-outs, skips, and or evicted apartments.
5. Maintain accurate Cash Receipts Journal book, Daily Activity Report book, and Renewal book.
6. Assist in completing weekly and monthly reports, formation and distribution of monthly newsletter scheduling maintenance work orders, and inspect vacant apartments.
7. Schedule preparation for vacant make-ready and repair work.
8. Operate and maintain the upkeep of the computer if applicable,
9. Provide assistance for Leasing and Marketing as necessary.
10. Remain familiar with duties of all on-site personnel. Inform Manager immediately if unable to perform any Assistant Manager or Leasing Consultant duties.