Full Job Description
Position Title: Logistics Assistant
Responsible to support external and internal communications regarding all container freight from Asia and Central America, as well as inter-company transfers, and the validation of all data supporting said shipments to ensure on-time delivery to Garan distribution centers.
Key Job Responsibilities
1. Responsible for communicating with off shore factories regarding shipments, schedules, and coordination of shipments with DC’s to ensure most economic service levels consistent with meeting customer requirements. Responsible for communicating with all appropriate company personnel regarding shipment status and schedules
2. Responsible for auditing carrier invoices and supporting documentation to ensure correctness of applied rates and preclude overpayments. Apply correct coding to invoices processed for payment to ensure accuracy of charges to appropriate company entities.
3. Manage small package and express shipment activity on a daily basis.
4. Perform additional duties as may be directed from time to time in support of company activities, departmental goals, and efficient utilization of resources.
5. Prepare documentation for mail and other shipments to off shore facilities.
6. Communicate all transportation updates and issues with dc personnel and upper management when applicable
7.Take direction from (and in some cases, give feedback to) dc management, local management, carriers, vendors, and so forth regarding matters related to logistics operations.
· High school diploma or equivalent required
Other Skills (e.g. IT, language, etc.)
· Knowledgeable in MS Office; knowledge of the use of Excel is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Computer- Excel: 1 year (Preferred)